- Are you a Primary School Teacher who is qualified and has been teaching Yoga and Wellbeing within your school setting?
- Do you feel inspired by how yoga and mindfulness have changed your life and want to be able to share this with others?
- Do you want to offer the teachers in your school setting the skills to teach yoga and mindfulness to their own pupils?
- Do you want to bring back the ‘WOW’ to teaching within your school and offer class ideas to spark creativity and fun?
- Do you want to stand out amongst other teachers, PE and PDL Leads and facilitate a Whole-school approach to yoga and mindfulness?
Then this course is for you to create a Whole-school Yoga Provision and transform the way you teach.
The prerequisite for this course is at least 1 year of yoga practice and teaching of yoga in your school setting.
Let’s get started
Upon successful completion of the course you will:
- Have a greater depth of understanding and respect for Yoga philosophy and science
- Have a good understanding of children’s anatomy and physiology specific for teaching Yoga
- Know and be able to teach 230 Yoga Postures, Partner Poses, Breathing and Mindful Techniques and Games
- Use your knowledge to create your own postures relevant to your topic
- Be able to effectively design, plan, teach and evaluate your own Yoga classes and stories
- Be able to follow codes of practice for children’s Yoga
- Know what Yoga Props are essential when teaching Yoga Games
- Be given Yoga Teaching tips for SEN children
- Become a Yoga Leader for your Primary School
- To enable you to effectively teach Yoga within the curriculum
- To create your own ‘Yoga Scheme of Work’.
- To train other Year Group Teachers with the aid of the ‘Teachers Yoga Booster Course’
You will be given:
- 230 postures, breathing techniques, partner poses, mindful activities and games
- 3 X Early Years Plans
- 6 X KS1 Plans – 3 X Story Scripts and 3 X Adventures
- 6 X KS1 Plans – 3 X Adventures and 3 X Topic-based class
- 5 X 1-2-1 Mentoring Sessions with Sam B
- A list of Resources
- Suggested Reading List
- Suggested Music & Playlists to complement Lesson Plans
- Ongoing support throughout the course
- Continued support via a private group for qualified schools
To qualify you will need to complete all of the following:
5 X 1-2-1 Mentoring Sessions
Submission of 2 X Ks1 Lesson Plans – 1 X Story Script and 1 X Yoga Adventure
Submission of 2 X KS2 Lesson Plans – 1 X Adventure and 1 X Topic-based Class
Submission of 2 X Videos – 1 X Teaching KS1 Yoga and 1 X Teaching KS2 Yoga
How can you support children of all abilities and needs in your Yoga Class?
This Course includes the teaching of Inclusive Yoga. Lisa offers a presentation on how to teach yoga to include all children. Lisa is a Yoga Teacher, Primary School Teacher specialising in Yoga for SEN. She celebrates diversity and teaches yoga through her Inclusive classes. She offers numerous tools and techniques to hold space for all children.
Find out more HERE – ‘Like pebbles on a beach, everyone is unique.
Yoga for Sleep
Do your pupils have sleeping issues?
This course includes Nicky’s expertise in Yoga Sleep training for Primary aged children. She shares a recourse sheet and a video showing lots of tips for helping your pupils get a good night’s sleep. This is something you can include in your classes and is of vital benefit for Year 6’s near SATS time. Nicky is a positive mental health ambassador and Teen Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher who specialises in sleep.
Find out more HERE
- Lectures 62
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 100 X hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 279
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes